Capable, Collaborative, Creative.
- Based in Middle Park in Melbourne, Australia, HIPS is a dynamic film, video and digital media production and distribution company run by John Hipwell, Producer/Director, and Rachel Rovay, Creative Director.
- As an integral part of the Australian film industry, HIPS international film connections span the globe. For over thirty years HIPS have provided facilities and services to government, commercial, collective and individual clients.
- To maintain its cutting edge reputation HIPS continues to develop and finance in house product that stretches the technological and creative boundaries. HIPS corporate philosophy incorporates environmental and humanitarian concerns together with a commitment to quality and integrity.
- HIPS takes a collaborative approach to all its projects. HIPS has a strong history of being able to bring together the right skills and people required to produce creative, innovative and highly polished end product. HIPS develops and produces film, videos and digital programs for theatrical release, broadcast and non broadcast distribution and exhibition.
John Hipwell Producer/Director
- Extensive experience as a Producer of Features Films, Documentaries, Television, Animation, TV Commercials, New Media, Business Communications and Corporate Productions.
- Experienced with “Producer Offset” and “International Coproduction” development, financing & deployment.
- Proven strategic and operational management and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated broad project planning, scheduling, budgeting and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, collaboration and creative skills.
- Clear and confident communicator, across all sectors and abilities.
- Highly proficient written, verbal and analytical skills, in a diverse range of contexts.
- Adaptable manager and team player, within business sectors, film and documentaries.
- Proficient user of Information Technology, MS Office and numerous software packages.
Rachel Rovay Creative Director
- Exhibiting professional fine artist.
- Since 1979, she has participated in 17 solo exhibitions and over 60 group exhibitions including the Sulman prize and the Dobell prize at thre Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- Rovay's art has been represented in public and private collections including State Library of Victoria, Macquarie University Sydney, Monash Medical Centre Art Collection and the Jewish Museum of Australia.
- Included in numerous media publications amongst which the Melbourne Review and Who’s Who of Australian visual artists.
- Contributes a professional creative vision to the HIPS projects.
- Experience in the art department on a number of Australian feature films and corporate videos.
- Set-design and art direction of numerous TV commercials.
- Experience as a props buyer and stand-by props crew member.
Oren Hipwell - Stills Photographer/Videographer
Practicing commercial photography.
- Experienced with photographic printing software.
- IT and gaming experience.
- Exhibiting photographer included in public and private collections.
- Business management and food technology experience.
- Working with children check.